Daily consumption of lemon juice can have positive effects on the health of our body. Nutritionists recommend it not only for its weight loss effects, but also for its great antiviral benefits and even its ability to boost the immune system.
The lemon is a food which has become very fashionable lately, either because of its refreshing flavor or its aroma, which is why it is a widely used option to give a twist to many recipes. Also, this citric It is used in all kinds of drinks and of course it has a wide medicinal value for our body.
Undoubtedly one of the most common options to take advantage of all the benefits of lemon it is through the juice. The lemon juice It is an excellent digestive and detoxifying agent that helps cleanse the liver, leading to better digestive health. In addition, it is also used for lose weightas it increases the metabolic rate of the body.
What are the benefits of drinking lemon juice?
Take lemon juice in the morning it has a series of infinite benefits, but these are the first ones you will notice in your body:
- The sour taste of lemon It increases the excretion of acids through the urine, which produces an alkalizing and therefore detoxifying effect. The pH of the lemon is possibly one of the most acidic among fruits, so it maintains the pH balance in the body.
- A glass of juice with lemon It provides 2 kilocalories, and in return it offers us potassium, flavonones and some fiber. This formula is purifying and improves blood circulation.
- Lemon juice is an ideal remedy to cure colds and sore throats. Also, it has great immunity-stimulating efficacy due to its decent high levels in vitamin C.
- Lemon juice with warm water helps in rapid weight loss, due to its properties in digestion and increases the metabolic rate.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of lemon help fight respiratory tract infections, sore throats, and swollen tonsils. Drinking this juice with hot water also helps reduce joint and muscle pain. Also, it keeps the body hydrated as it provides electrolytes to the body
How to drink lemon juice?
The ideal amount of lemon juice we should drink daily depends on the purpose we want to find. In case what we are looking for is an invigorating and healthy drink, with half a lemon or a lemon with water in the morning it would be perfect.
To make juice with lemon is very simple. Squeeze the juice into a large glass of warm mineral water. That’s it, you don’t need anything else. Without sugar or other types of additives. Depending on taste, you can add a fresh mint leaf if you have it on hand. Take it after you get up.
- Mix the juice of half a lemon
- 1 glass of water
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup or sap
- 1 cayenne pepper
- mint (optional)
At most, 6 to 12 glasses a day should be taken for a maximum of 10 days. Of course, do this under professional supervision, either from your nutritionist or family doctor to avoid counterproductive effects that may affect our health.
Problems of drinking lemon juice on an empty stomach
However, it is necessary to take into account several contraindications or inconvenience caused to drink of the fasting lemon juice.
First of all, we must bear in mind that the lemon is a fruit that generates acidity and can lead to developing a principle of gastric ulcer in extreme situations. For this reason, it is important to eat foods that do not further acidify the mucosa.
Lemon juice is a drink that does not contain vegetable fiber and if it provides free sugars. Although the amount of sugar is minimal, but if we think that its contribution of vitamins is sufficient for the morning, we will refrain from eating one or more pieces of fruit with its pulp, which are equal to or richer in vitamins, have fiber satiating and also hydrate us. Therefore, it is more appropriate to consume the lemon pulp before the lemon juice. Our intestinal flora will appreciate it.