Since its inception, one of the most widespread uses of our smartphones with the Android system has been to serve as internet access point for our computers and other devices with the ability to connect to external networks.
To do this, they have the function Mobile Hotspot integrated into the system, thanks to which they can share their mobile data connection with other nearby computers.
But unlike what happens with the current versions of Android, this one did not include the Internet connection that they receive via Wi-Fi from the router of home. That is, natively they did not have the ability to repeat or extend the signal of the router as if it can do it for example a computer equipped with Windows 10 or Windows 11.
HTTP Injector turns your mobile into a Wi-Fi repeater
However, thanks to the app HTTP Injector (SSH/Proxy/V2Ray) VPN available in the Google Play store, it is possible to overcome this limitation and thus be able to turn a smartphone equipped with an old version of Android into a repeater of the Internet signal emanating from your router. The method that we show you is very easy to put into practice. These are the steps to follow.
- First of all, go to your Android phone and connect to the router you plan to repeat its signal from.
- Then open the store Play Storefind the app HTTP Injector (SSH/Proxy/V2Ray) VPN and proceed to install it in the terminal.
- Opens HTTP Injector (SSH/Proxy/V2Ray) VPN, accept the startup prompts and tap Tools. Then select tethering tools > hot share.
- Click on the button Start Repeater. As a next step, click on the button Start Hotshare.
- Take note of the SSID network name and password that are described below these buttons. Likewise, the IP address and port of the Proxy generated by the application.
- Next, go to your smartphone or computer and connect to this new network.
Once this is done, you will notice that you still do not have an Internet connection. To get this connection, do the following.
In a iPhoneclick on the network and select Configure proxy > Handbook. In the fields Server and Portenter the corresponding values described in point 5.
on a phone Androidgo to Settings > Wireless connections and networks. Click on Wifi. Then, long press on the network name and select Modify network. unfold Advanced Options and in the Proxy option, select Handbook. Finally, fill in the information described in point 5 of this tutorial.
In Windows 10 or Windows 11, press the keys Windows + I to enter system setup. Then select Network and Internet > proxy. On Manual Proxy Configurationclick Setting. Then activate the option Use proxy server and fill in the information corresponding to the server and port of this element described in point 5.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE