Gadgetren – For some people, WhatsApp may be one of the media that needs to be protected. Because the conversations in it can sometimes contain confidential information or personal data.
Locking the WhatsApp service can therefore be a step that needs to be done in addition to using the phone lock screen itself.
So later we can be a little calm when someone wants to borrow a device to access other applications. In vivo made cellphones, we can specifically lock WhatsApp in several ways.
Some of the interesting things we can do without the need to install any additional applications or services. Both WhatsApp and Vivo provide their products with special features that can be used to do this.
Both are equally easy to use to lock the short message service and we can find it on the Settings page of each product. As for those of you who don’t know, here are the steps to lock WhatsApp on a vivo cellphone using these features.
How to Lock WhatsApp on Vivo Mobile
Using WhatsApp Default Features
- Open the WhatsApp application
- Tap the button More options (three dots icon) in the top right corner
- Select Settings
- Enter the settings menu Account
- Open section Privacy
- Search and select options Fingerprint lock
- Turn on option Unlock with fingerprint
- Confirm by scanning fingerprint with available sensors
We can later continue the settings by setting when the lock will be activated in the section Automatically lock. In addition, we also determine whether the message content will be displayed in the notification or not by setting options Show content in notifications.
If your cellphone doesn’t support this feature of WhatsApp, then we can use the built-in support Funtouch OS. You can lock the messaging app with the following steps.
Using the Built-in Features of Funtouch OS
- Open Settings
- Go to section Security
- Select the menu Privacy and app encryption
- Set the key as you wish if you haven’t already
- Or use the key if it was previously set
- Verify according to the key generated if needed
- Look for WhatsApp application
- Activate the button next to it
The interface of each Funtouch OS version may vary. Some don’t even put the Privacy and app encryption menu in Security but instead Fingerprint, face and password, Face and password, or Fingerprints and passwords.
Even for older generations, the app lock feature cannot be found on the settings page. Funtouch OS 2.6 and below, for example, pinned it as a function of i Manager.