Gadgetren – When using Android-based mobile phones, including those from OPPO, sometimes some people will feel that the internet network is unstable when they are in certain areas.
Usually this unstable internet connection will make the indicators on OPPO phones change from 4G to 3.5G, 4G to 2G, and so on. Constant network changes and switching will certainly make the device more wasteful of battery power.
On OPPO phones with the ColorOS 6 modified operating system based on Android 9.0 Pie or a version below, fortunately you can lock the 4G Only network using the Testing menu with a secret code that can be typed in the Phone or Phone application.
Well, for you OPPO mobile phone users who still have the ColorOS 6 operating system or a version below it, you can follow the following steps
How to Lock 4G Network Only on OPPO
Through the Testing Menu
- Open the app Phone on OPPO phone
- On the main page, type *#*#4636#*#*
- Later you are faced with the Testing page
- Choose an option Phone information 1 or 2 according to the SIM card to be network locked to 4G Only
- Next, select the option Set Prefered
- Change options to LTE Only in the drop-down menu
- Close the menu
It should be noted that OPPO phones with ColorOS 7 (based on Android 10) or above are no longer able to use the code to access the Testing menu. Therefore you need the help of third-party applications.
Via the 4G Only Network Mode Application
- Download the 4G Only Network Mode app from Google Play Store
- Once installed, open the app
- Press the button Start on the front page
- On the main page, select menu 5G / 4G Settings
- Next, select the option 4G / 3G Settings
- On page Phone info, select LTE Only in the Set Preferred Network type
- The network will only be 4G Only on OPPO phones
If you successfully use one of these methods, the OPPO cellphone will only maximize and display the 4G LTE network only. You could say this can make the device more efficient in consuming battery because it rarely does network switching.
However, it should be noted that when there is no 4G network in an area, the signal icon in the status bar will not automatically display the words 4G which indicates that you cannot access the internet.
In addition, you also cannot make phone calls or send SMS which usually requires a 2G network. To be able to make conversation calls on the 4G network, you must have an OPPO cellphone and a SIM card from an operator that supports VoLTE features such as Smartfren, IM3 Ooredoo, Telkomsel, and XL VoLTE.
That way, for those of you who still need to communicate with other people via telephone and SMS but the card doesn’t support VoLTE yet, then you should use the 4G Only network option. We recommend that you set it to Auto so that it can switch to all networks automatically.