How to Extract Text from an Image with the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G’s S Pen
Gadgetren – Inheriting the superior features of the Note series, the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G provides an S Pen which has a special storage area in its body.
That way the S Pen is always ready to use whenever you want it. Moreover, there are various features that can make activities and work more practical.
The S pen on the Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G comes with a series of Air Command features that you can use according to your individual needs. One very useful feature is called Smart Select which can be used to extract text from an image.
For example, if you want to copy a scanned document or the address of a place printed on a photo, the S Pen can help you do this easily and quickly.
Instead of having to rewrite it which is of course a hassle, the S Pen allows you to take text in the image directly. You only need to highlight the desired area, then the text in the image can be captured for later copying or sharing.
How to Retrieve Text with the Smart Select Feature
- Open the image you want to extract text from using the app Gallery.
- Take out the S Pen from the Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G.
- Then press the icon Air Command that hovers (usually on the right side of the screen).
- Select the menu Smart select from the available options.
- Then choose spotlight type like Rectangle, Oval, or Lasso.
- For now select Rectancle because it’s easy to set up.
- Highlight text by dragging the S Pen in that area until a semi-transparent box appears.
- Then press options Extract Text bearing the T.
- Select Copy to copy or Share to share.
Easy isn’t it? By using the S Pen, you can take text that is drawn instantly and then paste it on chat applications, calendars, or share it directly on social media.
The types of highlights provided can also be adjusted to your needs, starting from Rectangle which is in the form of a box, Oval which is like a circle shape, or Lasso for free shapes.
The S Pen in the Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G can also change your handwriting directly into text so that it is more natural when taking notes or making short doodles because it feels like writing on paper.
Therefore the S Pen is a very suitable multifunctional device to accompany the Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G because it makes it much more flexible to use in all activities.