Gadgetren – YouTube Go is a lighter version of the YouTube application so that mobile phones with small RAM and internal storage can enjoy access smoothly.
However, according to Google, YouTube Go is needed again considering that cheap cellphones already have sufficient hardware specifications to run the standard version of YouTube.
In August 2022, YouTube Go was officially discontinued and removed by Google so you can no longer download it from the Google Play Store. That way the latest update for the YouTube Go application is no longer available.
That way, you can only download YouTube from third-party application provider sites, such as APK Pure which is quite reliable in providing several applications that can be downloaded in APK form.
Cara Download YouTube Go
- Visit Pure APK site via Google Chrome
- On the main page, select menu Search berikon magnifying glass at the top right
- Type Youtube go and press the button Enter
- After YouTube Go appears, press the button Download APK
- Make sure you download the latest version YouTube Go
- On the warning pop-up menu that appears, press the button Download anyway
- Wait until the download process is complete
- Book file APK Youtube Go on mobile (usually in the Downloads folder)
- Press the button Install
Actually, the warning pop-up menu that appears when you want to download from APK Pure is because the system warns that the file is not from the main application store Play Store which cannot be guaranteed by Google and you have to be careful so that your cellphone is not infiltrated by malware or viruses.
Once the app is installed, you can enjoy videos as usual. In addition, you will usually be asked to choose the quality of the YouTube Go video which will run with three main options consisting of Data Saver, Standard Quality, and High Quality.
If you really want an efficient use of internet quota, then you can use Data Saver while if you want high quality video, you can choose High Quality.
Please note that Google has also announced that the next YouTube Go will actually be completely shut down. Later if this happens, then you can’t enjoy the service at all even though you have the YouTube Go application.