[Ilustrasi Oleh Pixabay]
Gadgetren – In order to be able to use various kinds of features and services more fully, we generally need to link Google or Gmail account to a mobile phone running the Android operating system.
We, for example, need this to download applications from the Play Store, access email services, use Meet, watch YouTube shows, and use the Maps location tracker.
Therefore, we also need to reset to factory conditions when we are going to sell or give Android phones to other people. If not, then various kinds of data and personal information related to the Gmail account can be leaked.
The good news for those of you who forget to do that, there is a feature provided by Google to delete a Gmail account on another cellphone. We can take advantage of it even if the device in question is elsewhere.
This feature can be used very easily as long as we still remember the password. For those of you who don’t know, here’s a complete explanation of the steps to delete a Gmail account on another cellphone.
How to delete a Gmail account on another cellphone
- Open the app Gmail
- Login with the associated account
- If so, tap avatar photo in the top right corner
- Select Manage your Google Account
- Enter the tab Security
- Search section Your devices
- Click options Manage all devices
- Tap on the phone in question
- Press the button Sign out
- Confirm by selecting the button Sign out again
By following the steps above, the Gmail account on the associated mobile will be deleted. However, keep in mind that this method applies if the device in question is still connected to the internet network.
In addition, third-party applications or services that were previously logged in using a Gmail account will also not be logged out. We need to remove it manually using the following steps.
Remove Gmail Account Access from Third Party Applications and Services
- Reopen tabs Security from the Google Account manager page
- Search section Third-party apps with account access
- Tap the button Manage third-party access
- Select the related application or service
- Tap the button Remove access
- Confirm with the appropriate button
The method above can also be used if we rarely or no longer trust the related platform. It’s just that we really need to do it one by one if there are a lot of connected applications or services.