Gadgetren – Google Meet competes with Zoom to become a video conferencing application for use in school, work, or friendship activities.
You could say Google Meet presents a video conferencing service that has a simple and lightweight interface that makes it easy for many people to use.
However, it should be noted that the internet connection still determines how smoothly the face-to-face video runs. Unlike Zoom, which can easily change its username when a meeting is in progress, Google Meet only allows you to change it via personal info on the Google Account page.
Therefore, those of you who want to change the name on the Google Account page need to follow the following steps.
How to Change Name on Google Meet
Via the Gmail Application on Mobile
- Open the Gmail app on your phone
- On the main Gmail page, select menu Google Account berikon profile picture
- In the pop-up menu that appears, select the account you want to rename and press the button Google Account
- On page Google Account, select tab Personal info
- Select a column Name in section Basic info
- Select a column Name to change the desired name
- Next, determine First name and Last name to be displayed
- When it is filled, then press the button Save
- Press the button Back Left arrow icon at the top to return to the previous page
Via Gmail Site
After the name changes, every time you do a video conference on Google Meet, the name that was created will appear earlier. In addition to the Name column, actually on the Name page there is also a column Nickname and Display Name As.
Nickname allows you to add a nickname that will later appear on Google Meet. Meanwhile Display Name As will give some suggestions of what names may appear on Google Meet such as names in the Name column or a combination of Name + NickName columns.