The sodium bicarbonate is certainly one of the most versatile products that we can have in our pantry. And it is that this is ideal to improve our Healthsince it has very positive properties that can help activate the function of our organism.
Taking baking soda once or twice a week can improve stomach health and reduce acidity. In fact, many experts recommend it as a natural treatment to avoid slow and heavy digestion and increase the activity of the digestive system.
In fact, a Home remedy that many people already take in their daily life is based on the consumption of 1/4 of baking soda mixed with a glass of water. Of course, the dose of bicarbonate that we are going to take will always depend on the habit that we have in consuming this ingredient and on our health.
For this reason, it is going to be something very positive that let’s make recipes that have sodium bicarbonate as the main ingredient. Since we are really going to be taking it in small quantities so that we do not exceed its consumption, but that we notice all its benefits.
3 recipes to incorporate baking soda into your diet
In this sense, there are many ways to consume bicarbonate in our day to day. And it is that despite the fact that one of the most common is to make it with water and lemon, we will also be able to incorporate it into other ingredients to make really healthy dishes.
Next, let’s see some baking soda recipe ideas that you can easily make at home and that will help you ingest baking soda more regularly:
- Dark Chocolate Muffins with Baking Soda: In this case, we are going to add the bicarbonate to the mixture at the same time as the yeast. And this is one of the best desserts to eat something sweet without giving up improving the health of the body.
- Caramelized onion with baking soda: Without a doubt, the bicarbonate will give a thick and perfect texture to the caramelized onion. So this will be an ideal complement for any meal that we want to enhance its flavor.
- Lemon Cookies: The baking soda will enhance the flavor and properties of these lemon cookies that you can easily make at home using just a few ingredients. Thus, you will be able to eat something sweet while ingesting the right amount of bicarbonate in a different way.
What baking soda is going to do to your recipes is that food rises and give it a more textured consistency. For this reason, it is mostly used in desserts. Although, as we have seen in the case of caramelized onions, it can also be used to thicken savory dishes.
These are the uses of baking soda in the kitchen
In addition to adding it to a large number of recipes, baking soda is also ideal for cleaning the kitchen. And it is that together with vinegar it can be a perfect combination if we want to disinfect any corner of our kitchen. Therefore, it is best to try to mix both ingredients and use it effectively.
In addition, it also serves to:
- Wash fruit and vegetables after buying
- Make homemade yeast with baking soda naturally
- make meat more tender
- Avoid the bad smell of cauliflower when cooking it
For all these reasons, remember that you should always have baking soda in your pantry if you want to have an ally for any need. And it is that nowadays you can also find it in any supermarket at a good price.